Full Moon Ceremony
Illuminated Souls, I am often asked about the energy around the Full Moon And New Moon and what ceremonies we can do at home to active the energy in our lives. Tomorrow 7th August, not only is it my youngest sons 17th birthday it is also a partial Luna Eclipse. This will initiating a powerful two week window of time, completing with the epic Total Solar Eclipse to be visible in the UK on the New Moon of August 21st. Monday is your opportunity to RELEASE, I am posting this early so you have an opportunity to gather up, write down what your wish to dissolve from your life. Then what follows over the next two weeks shapes the New Moon.
The Total Solar Eclipse on August 21st is extremely powerful, awakening a higher level of collective consciousness, as the planetary and solar bodies align our reception of spiritual light on the planet.
This Total Solar Eclipse is especially significant, the last time a Total Solar Eclipse was visible from coast to coast in the US was 99 years ago in 1918 – which also happens to be the year that World War I ended, bringing a new wave of peace to the planet.
So this is an especially powerful window of time to open to receive the abundance coming to us, to stay focused on our hearts to be ambassadors of peace, healing and transformation.
Are you ready to open to new levels of energetic frequency and service to the world’s healing and evolution?
It’s time to rise up and dare to express those big dreams and goals you have within you! The world is changing, shifting and ready for your next level activation.
When the Moon is Full, we often feel all of this energy on the strongest and most deepest level. The Full Moon is all about completion, releasing and removing what no longer works for you. Ask for something to manifest during a New Moon and then release your intentions and remove what is blocking you from what you want to manifest during the Full Moon.
In fact, as Mother Moon moves through her cycle we will feel her energy affecting our lives in different ways
- New Moon: on a New Moon we enter the energy of creation. It is the perfect time to plant a seed, set our intentions and make a wish out to the Universe. During this time our psychic energy is high and we may feel feelings of solitude.
- Waxing Moon: following a New Moon, a waxing moon helps us to begin taking action on our goals, dreams and wishes and brings experiences into our lives that help us to grow.
- Full Moon: the Full Moon represents the most powerful point in the cycle, it is a time of high energy and high power and is a time to release and let go of all that no longer serves you, in order to welcome in the new. In the cycle of death and rebirth, the Full Moon represents the starting of the death, unburdening yourself.
- Waning Moon: following a Full Moon, the waning moon gives us time to go within and reflect on where we are and where we are going. This is the moment just before the rebirth and helps us to reflect on our emotions and who we are. Revelations can occur and our intuition can be strong.
Full Moon’s are really harvest time, a time for you to reap all that you have sown in the last month and to finally release and let go of things that no longer serve you and bring in the new.
In many ways, Full Moon’s allow you to cut down what you no longer need and to benefit from all the hard work you have put in to manifesting during the New Moon.
Full Moon’s are a potent time, on a deeper level they activate us to merge with our full potential. They also help us to see things in a new light and often they can reveal things to us.
On the New Moon you are surrounded by darkness, but on the Full Moon your entire being is surrounded by the light and this helps you to see things with a clearer perspective and helps you to take action in order to move forward.
If you want to make use of the Full Moon energy in your life, here is a ritual you can perform.
Full Moon Releasing Ritual
Whether it’s an altar, your kitchen table, create a space of beauty where you can place candles, journals, crystals and other symbolic items that conjure up a deep feeling of inspiration.
This ritual is perfect for letting go and releasing all that no longer serves you.
You will need:
- A small bowl of water
- 1 white candle
- Paper and pen
- Your New Moon Intentions, if you created one
- Sage or incense for burning
- Find a sacred space, preferably under the light of the Full Moon where you will not be disturbed.
- Smudge your aura/energetic space and your area using the sage or incense.
- Light the candle and give thanks to Mother Moon, have your bowl of water near the candle
- Write down on the paper all that no longer serves you or things that you want to release. This could include attitudes, emotions, relationship ties, illness, habits, addictions , etc.
- State what you want to release aloud and take a deep breath, as you exhale imagine whatever you want to let go floating away.
- Place the paper into the candle and watch it burn. When it becomes too hot to touch, drop it into the water.
- Once the paper has become soggy, throw the water and paper into the garden. If your paper doesn’t dissolve you can also throw it away.
- Be sure to thank the Moon and the Universe after your ritual is completed.
You can adapt this ritual to suit your needs and your own intuition. There is no right or wrong here, so just go with the flow and see what inspirations come to you.
You can also charge your crystals under the light of the Full Moon as reminders throughout the month of what you are releasing and choosing to let go of.
Because the Full Moon also represents light and potential, you can also charge up your crystals with this vibration as well, place them in the light of the moon.
Manifesting work in all forms is all about energy vibrations. The more comfortable that you are when you are doing this work, the more of a benefit it will be to you. How you feel when you are doing a ritual is so important to how well it will work.
May your intentions manifest for the greater good,