Yin Yoga 50 hours Teacher Training with Yog Sundari
A five day Yin Yoga immersion ~ over the training we will be creating space for exploration and study of the principles of Yin. Yin Yoga is a complementary and supportive yoga practice to the more dynamic, invigorating and yang styles of yoga. During the training we will explore Chinese Meridian Theory, Yoga Subtle Anatomy, Mindfulness Meditation & Yin Sequencing, with restorative options.
The practice of Yin Yoga has transformative effects on body, mind and spirit. The moderate stimulation of the connective tissue encourages health and flexibility of the joints, recharges the energetic system of the body and naturally draws the mind inward to a relaxed, meditative state. It also prepares the body and mind for deeper, transcendent meditation practices.
Each day will include experiential Yin Practice as well as Meditation Practices. You will be encouraged to start your own daily Meditation practice during the course as well as to make personal diary notes of your meditation.
An optional personal mantra can be initiated at the beginning of the training. I will require your date, place and time of birth.
This training is 40 hours of contact time, over 5 days, with 10 hours of home study. It is suitable for qualified yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees who wish to incorporate yin yoga into their teachings. Yin Yoga trains and strengthens the Yin tissues of the body, the Yin energy of the subtle body and the Yin capacities of Mind and Heart. On this training, you will :
- Practice the core Yin asanas.
- Learn Yin sequences that work on specific meridians in the body, with relevant modifications and adjustments, including restorative.
- Understand the positive physiological effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia, connective tissue and joint health.
- Learn the core concepts of Traditional Chinese Medicine and how the energy system is influenced by the practice of Yin Yoga, emphasis on Meridian and Organ health.
- Acquire experiential and theoretical knowledge of the Buddha’s core teachings on mindfulness meditation which is a great framework for integrating meditative themes into Yin classes or personal practice.
- Buddhist meditation, Buddhist 4 Noble Truths, Buddhist Noble 8-fold Path & the importance of Quan Yin.
- The Training is suitable for those both interested in teaching Yin Yoga or for those who simply wish to deepen their understanding of the practice.
- Students will receive a certificate of training which is eligible for CPD (50hrs) with the Yoga Alliance Professionals.
- Total course investment £425 ~ Includes manual and certificate
- Non-refundable deposit £100
- Training Balance £325
Pre-Course Reading ~ The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clarke
Post-Course Assignment ~ Create 3 Yin Yoga Classes
Venue ~ Shrewsbury House, Room 5, Bushmoor Crescent, Shooters Hill, London SE18 3EG
February 18th ~ 22nd 2019
Daily Schedule 9:30am – 5:00pm